Traditionally, architects have obtained commissions through word of mouth. Complete a project successfully and your client will recommend your firm to their friends and family.
What if your clients not only recommended your firm, but worshipped it? What if they were so happy with your services that they went out of their way to spread the good word about your firm as fast and as far as they could? What if you could create a legion of loyal Customer Evangelists?
Within their manifesto, Ben and Jackie give us six strategies that benefit from remarkable levels of customer evangelism. They call these strategies their six tenets:
1. CUSTOMER PLUS-DELTA: Continuously gather customer feedback.
2. NAPSTERIZED KNOWLEDGE: Make it a point to share knowledge freely.
3. BUILD THE BUZZ: Expertly build word-of-mouth networks.
4. CREATE COMMUNITY: Encourage communities of customers to meet and share.
5. MAKE BITE-SIZE CHUNKS: Devise specialized, smaller offerings to get customers to bite.
6. CREATE A CAUSE: Focus on making the world, or an industry, better.
Download their entire manifesto (it’s a short, easy read) and learn how to employ each of the six tenents to supercharge your word of mouth marketing. When you’re finished with that, be sure to check out their Church of the Customer blog.